Monday, September 14, 2009

An Ol' Fashion Complaint Letter

I worked in customer service for awhile and learned the power of an old fashion handwritten(emailed) complaint letter. People will scream in your face about how they believe they have been wronged, but rarely do they take the time to write out a calm complaint letter. But the women in my family, we sure do. I will save the many stories of countless emails my cousin, http://missionmadre.blogspot.com/, has sent out for another time, because together we are the original cheap ass bitches.

After one particularly hairy plane flight I wrote the following email:

"I am very disappointed in AA during my flight yesterday! There was no entertainment system available as it went out of service during the cross country flight. To me this is unacceptable as it really is a huge portion of making the flight more comfortable for me and others. If the video player is not serviced, what does this mean for the service on the plane itself? I might let this slide, however it is my THIRD AA flight this YEAR that has not had a working entertainment system. First time I had to hold my ear phones in the jack the whole flight to make the sound work. Second time, the volume would not turn from the highest level, and to compensate I wrapped my earphones in my pillow, I'm crafty and NEED entertainment! This time there was no option like that, it was just NO ENTERTAINMENT! Believe me I would switch airlines in one second if it wasn't for all the frequent flier miles I use. I understand you are an older airline and cant service your planes to offer the entertainment that Virgin America and Jet Blue have, so the least you could do is make sure your system and head phone jacks work on your plane.

Again I am VERY disappointed with the service I have experienced. I would like to hear from you as to how you feel you can better this situation and take the bad taste out of my mouth from AA. I would like to continue to use AA, but right now I would rather pay another airline to at least know I am getting average service."

Within one day I received a very polite email response that not only apologized (a sorry goes a long way missy!) but included an eVoucher worth $200! There you have it, write a complaint letter....but not to me cause I'm not giving you shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment