Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Living like the Settlers

I know, I know I'm a lucky ass bitch to live in NYC and have a washer dryer combo in my unit...well the past few weeks have felt a little like tenement living when the dryer broke. Since I'm cheap (bye fluff n' fold) and I'm lazy (hell no laundry mat), the clothes lines have come out!

The lines fill my already small and overly hoarded bedroom. At first I was kinda pissed cause I don't like the way my clothes feel being air dried, but now I actually kinda like to see my clothes all lined up in a neat long row. It makes me think of my clothes in a parade marching, plus its fun making your boy roommates have to look at your underwear every time they enter.


my artsy tenement pic

2 comments:

  1. I hang dry most of my husband's work clothes. For some reason, the material dress shirts are made out of (and the slacks as well) seem to take well to line drying. The don't get all stick and crinkly the way other fabrics do. My daughter hates it though, when I line dry hers. She says some of them don't fit right if they aren't dried in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I air dried when I lived in England. Those Brits don't venture into the advent of electric dryers. And much like you I was a cheap ass lazy bitch who didn't want to take my wet clothes to the laundry to be dried. All hail the jungle of drying clothes!! And I bet your undies are way cuter than your roomies :)

    ReplyDelete