Friday, February 12, 2010

RENTaurant or a Speak Easy of the Food Variety

The other night I was invited to go to a dinner at someone's house. A normal occurrence it seems...except, I was invited by someone who didn't live there, to a house they had never been to, to a house of people they had never met.

I had no idea what I was walking into, but I guess all over the world these Paladars, which are small, family-run, private-owned restaurants are popping up in people's homes. In fact you can find one in your neighborhood here.

The concept that night was that of a normal restaurant. You make a reservation, show up with your friends (and some wine to keep it extra cheap), order from the menu, eat till you're stuffed, and pay your bill (suggested donation $10-$20)!

The food was amazing! There were dips, delicious soups, two different pot pies with sides and the most fluffy mouth watering dessert.

I was horrible at taking pictures, but I did get this one of my Clam Chowder made from the chef's great grandmother's recipe.


I had the best time and can't wait for the email from Aaron & Megan (the chefs and lovely hosts) letting me know when the next and monthly Rentaurant is happening...I hope its before I leave for Nigeria!

No comments:

Post a Comment