Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My life is Bananas

Last year I almost quit a job over bananas, $17 worth of bananas to be exact. It was a dumb miscommunication at work that resulted in numerous phone calls on my day off that led to me getting frustrated and pissed off. Being a personal assistant to some rich people can be exhausting....rich people are rich cause they count every dollar, and that includes an order for bananas (also the last time I did a favor for their cook). After all the phone calls, worrying, looking for lost grocery lists, telling them to take the $17 out of my pay check (which they didn't, as it would have been the final straw that made me quit) they ended up laughing and making jokes about the whole situation two days later when I came back to work. Annoying Bananas!


On my most recent trip to Trader Joes, I did my usual rounds picking out some of my favorites (bananas included) while at the same time being cautious not to buy too much...as holiday shopping has put a slight dent in my wallet. Satisfied with my choices, I stand in the always too long line and wait patiently for my cashier. As I'm being rung up, the check out girl is chatting away with me, the way only Trader Joes cashiers are paid to be (note: that cute cashier guy is not flirting with you, he's just paid to seem like he's flirting with you), the total appears...Holy crap, I spent that much! I walk away with my purchases, a little pissed and annoyed I spent so much money on my groceries.

On closer inspection of my receipt when I get home, I notice a huge charge....my order was not rung up as 5 but instead 56 BANANAS!!! Of course I head back over there a bit later and cut the line to get my $20 back, and sarcastically laugh as the cashier tries to tell me I can go grab 51 more bananas if I want. Why are bananas trying to suck my dry?

I love you bananas, stop being so cruel! Thank You.

1 comment:

  1. haha - I had to laugh out loud on this one. You could have been slinging Banana (no Nuts due to any unforeseen allergies and thus lawsuits - plus they only cost more...) Muffins next to the Mud Truck.

    And Honestly, I think the cute guys at Trader Joe's are honestly flirting with me. So thats that. Honestly.

    ReplyDelete